This episode questions whether altitude training for cyclists is worth your time and money. I look at classic altitude camps, altitude sleeping and altitude training to find out what works best, or even if it works at all.
Altitude camps fall under the Live High Train High category, while newer methods of altitude training are Live High Train Low, and Live Low Train High. Find out the expense and investment needed to train at altitude outside of the high mountains.
Here’s What You’ll Discover:
- Why altitude camps are dangerous.
- What top scientists think about altitude training.
- The 3 main types of altitude training.
- How to manage your sleep cycles.
- A quick and clean puncture repair fix.
- Anna Meares
- Understanding Sleep for Optimal Recovery & Productivity
- Sense Sleep System
- Sleepcycle iPhone app
- You can’t teach speed: sprinters falsify the deliberate practice model of expertise.
- Live High Train Low
- Effect of Normobaric Hypoxic Training on Exercise Performance
- Hypoxic machines
- Significant Molecular and Systemic Adaptations after Repeated Sprint Training in Hypoxia
- Patch n Ride