Castellón Bike Camp
21st – 30th September 2018
SUMMARY: If you want to come hang out with the Semi-Pro Cycling crew, plus a few other cool likeminded cyclists, you are in luck. We are getting together to ride bikes on the amazing roads of Castellón, Spain.
It’s time to get a passionate group of cyclists on a bike together and do something great. I’d love for you to consider joining us in September 2018.
Based in Castelló de la Plana you can join us at any point throughout the 10 days – stay as long or as little as you can negotiate 😉
The benefits of joining us:
- Amazing roads. The hills around Castelló de la Plana are virtually undiscovered (Except for the odd pro team camp) and provide unlimited rides on varying terrain.
- Lifelong friendships. Nothing buildings lasting relationships like having a common goal and shared the experience. This will be an emotional time for us all– we all care about the success of our cycling.
- Ride La Titanica
The deliverables (What exactly you’ll be getting for your money):
- Daily guided road cycling, in and around Castelló de la Plana, Spain.
- Help to organise the things on the ground, e.g. where to buy the best bread to a room buddy.
The camp will be 10 days in September 2018
Friday – This the first day we will be arriving and checking-in at the hotel.
Saturday – This is the ONLY day we’ll plan an itinerary because we are entering the (optional) La Titanica
Sunday-Sunday – We will make up the program as we go. We will have local guides and can decide what routes we take the night before, or on each day.
- Your round-trip airfare
- Airport transfers to and from the hotel
- Bicycle or any other cycling equipment rental
- Personal insurance
- Accommodation, lunches, and dinners
- La Titanica
- We’ll all split the costs of our collective outings and non-bike trips. This will be cheap and I assure you the value will be world class.
Questions from listeners:
What is Castellón like? Beaches and mountains.
What are the accommodations like? The hotel will be basic but clean and comfortable. It will be up to you to book your room but I can organise shared rooms.
How much money will I spend when in Castellón? It’s totally up to you. It could be almost nothing, but I’d budget $300 bucks for food etc.
Do I need a power meter on my bike? No.
What are the basic levels of fitness? We will not be doing back to back 100 mile days, but you will need to ride 60-80 miles (100-130km) in one go.
How many riders are going? We are capping the number of riders at 20. This way we can have a good bunch of people, and everyone can get personal attention.
How can 20 riders of varying abilities hang on during a challenging ride? If needed, groups will be split into the level of ability for challenging rides.
ARE THERE ANY CATCHES, HIDDEN COSTS, OR SOMETHING I’M NOT GETTING HERE? No. This is just for fun.
What is the price?
The price to join us is $250USD
This camp is self-supported but we will spend time putting together memorable rides and a great group of people to hang out with. We are doing this to have a damn good time on and off the bike. Maybe in the future things might be more performance focused, but this is more of a casual party and get together. This is a bunch of peeps based around the world who share a love of cycling and want to get together and hang out. If you think you fit in, we’d love you to join us.
What do you think? I hope you’ll join us. Note: the camp is limited to 20 riders.
- Prices are per person
- You must pay in advance a 20% of the camp price per person to confirm your booking
- You must complete payment via Paypal or another payment method 30 days before the camp date
- Cancellation and refund policy: 20% per person deposit is not refundable in any case. The rest of the camp’s cost would be refunded only up to 30 days before the camp date
Please complete this form and one of our team will be in touch shortly.