This episode explores Green Tea Extract and the promise it has shown as a supplement to induce weight loss by an increase in energy expenditure and fat oxidation.
“Green tea extract produced a weight loss over time of 1.3 kgs”
We’ve been digging into the murky waters of energy expenditure and fat oxidation recently and I thought why not keep it going with a look at a talk done at the SPORTS NUTRITION SYMPOSIUM within the 17th annual European College of Sports Science Congress Bruges/BEL, July 4-7 2012, called GREEN TEA by A Hodgson. This talk highlights the latest research and conclusions on the use of Green Tea Extract on performance, and weight loss.
- Tom Danielson
- Insights from user generated heart rate variability data
- The Impact of Circadian Phenotype and Time since Awakening on Diurnal Performance in Athletes
- SPORTS NUTRITION SYMPOSIUM – GREEN TEA – Hodgson, A.
- The effects of green tea on weight loss and weight maintenance: a meta-analysis.
- The effects of catechin rich teas and caffeine on energy expenditure and fat oxidation: a meta-analysis.
- Body weight loss and weight maintenance in relation to habitual caffeine intake and green tea supplementation.
- Metabolic response to green tea extract during rest and moderate-intensity exercise.
- No effect of 1 or 7 d of green tea extract ingestion on fat oxidation during exercise.
- Green tea extract ingestion, fat oxidation, and glucose tolerance in healthy humans.