Performing under pressure is crucial to training and racing success. The key to controlling pain and other emotions is awareness that starts with your body, then your mind, and finally your situation. This episode will give you tools directly from the military that will help you to deal with each of these areas. Helping you expand the time you can spend in the pain cave.
[buzzsprout episode=’168576′ player=’true’]
This episode takes a detailed look at tools such as meditation and body checks, to learning from the riders you want to be like. Also, understanding the arousal curve and how it can help you perform, to why failing is good for performance. A brief taste of that info is below.
Here’s What You’ll Discover:
- The best type of meditation to increase cycling performance.
- How to learn from anyone without asking them a question.
- How to use Navy Seal training to accelerate your racing knowledge.
- Situational Awareness Training
- Andy Walshe Red Bull
- Navy Seals Training
- A Naturalistic Investigation of Former Olympic Cyclists’ Cognitive Strategies for Coping With Exertion Pain During Performance
- Moreno Moser
- Physiological demands of road sprinting in professional and U23 cycling. A pilot study
- Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation Does Not Enhance Recovery From Maximal Exercise
Remember to get your free masterclass by filling in the email form on the righthand side of this page or check out Wheelhouse.cc for all your coaching needs.
Photo Credit: ken_yasuhara on Flikr