This episode answers the question – Am I training hard enough for a demanding stage race? To help answer this question I asked Scott Bradburn onto the show…Scott rides for the Australian NRS team – Cellarbrations Racing.
[buzzsprout episode=’201471′ player=’true’]
Today’s episode is going to help you survive a stage race. It will also help you understand the types of training needed for National level stage races, and how a Semi-Pro prepares. There is also a fascinating story about Scott Bradburn, and how he has made his way back to the top of racing after 10 years off a bike.
Here’s What You’ll Discover:
- Why you should not rush into intensity
- The amount of kilometres a top semi-pro rides in their base period
- Tips to help you conserve energy and race better in stage races
- How to train without any measurement devices
- What happens after your 3rd day of a 8 day stage race
- Cellarbrations Race Team
- B-Rad Wiggo
- Performance during a 20-km cycling time-trial after caffeine ingestion
- The story of Team Garmin-Sharp’s 2013 Stage 9 Tour de France win
- Strava segment comparison tool
Photo credit: Cellarbrations Racing Team